Dash Mortgage Coach
Do you have what it takes to become a Dash Mortgage Coach? 💪
Get rid of any preconceptions you have of what it means to be a Loan Officer or Processor. At Dash, we do things differently. Our Mortgage Coaches act as a singular point of contact for customers and clients. They act as a personal guide, assisting clients in the process of purchasing a home from start to finish. A Mortgage Coach must understand, interpret, and apply the objectives of prospective clients to the homebuying process. He or she needs to match the client’s objects to the most appropriate loan product; Then, the coach will need to carefully follow all applicable product guidelines to properly qualify, price, and document each transaction for approval by the underwriting team. They are the sole intermediary between the client and the underwriter.
The job duties of a mortgage coach are as follows:
- Act as the singular, primary point of contact for the client by answering questions, addressing concerns, reviewing products, and helping the client meet his or her goals and objectives.
- Guide the client from the initial phase of the loan application process through the closing phases including reviewing credit scores, analyzing electronic underwriting results, interpreting guidelines, creatively structuring viable options, debt-to-income ratio, the formal application process, risk evaluation, and final document signing.
- Attract new customers and clients by having a friendly personality and building relationships within the real estate community, including real estate agents and other professionals in the industry.
- Maintain, protect, and promote the company image by keeping all information, including that of the clients, confidential.
- Increase job knowledge by completing continuing education opportunities through reading professional publications, participating in professional organizations, and taking advantage of networking opportunities.
- Assist in the completion of the company’s mission by completing related tasks as appropriate.
The skills and qualifications of the mortgage coach are as follows:
- Must be (or earn) a license as a condition of employment
- Experience in the field as a loan originator, processor, or related occupation is required; two years of experience in the field is preferred
- Attention to detail is critical as the mortgage coach will be responsible for processing loan documentation
- Must be exceptional at time management
- Must have strong math skills
- Must have a friendly personality and be focused on delivering exceptional service to the client
The purpose of this position is to ensure closing documents are correct with the chosen investor and loan program.
This includes but is not limited to form numbers, dates, margins, and caps.
- Prepares and provides mortgage closing docs for the buyers/borrowers for signature at closing
- Verifies accuracy and consistency of specifications on documents, such as closing submission and approval forms and notifies branches of any inconsistencies
- Answers questions regarding closing requirements for all parties
- Enters all required information into DataTrac or any other required closing system
- Uses margins and caps from the closing submission forms, checks against investor requirements, and contacts branches for clarification if the data differs
- Enters changes to closing documents, such as fees, interest adjustments, and payment dates, into DataTrac
- Uploads new documents into DocumentTrac
- Completes checklists for specialty loan types or ARMs
- Runs Compliance Ease reports on all files before closing documents are released
- Assembles documents for delivery to the Title Company, real estate broker, or lending officer for closing, including final 1003, GFE, initial disclosures, tax returns, borrower explanation letters, hold harmless or any other required conditions
- Previous mortgage or title experience
- Excellent communication and customer service skills (preferred)
- Organized and detail-oriented (preferred)
- A self-motivated team player (preferred)
Each employee must be able to communicate clearly and effectively, utilize a computer, maintain a work schedule, and effectively perform in an office setting. Employment with PRMI requires compliance with and adherence to all applicable mortgage and fair lending laws and regulations as well as PRMI policies. The ability to work extended hours may be required.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
I acknowledge that I have read the Job Description and I understand what is expected of me for this position. PRMI reserves the right to change/reassign job duties or combine positions at any time. I also understand that I am at-will employee and that this job description does not constitute a contract of employment.
In the performance of assigned tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following:
- Review and adhere to policies and guidelines contained within the Employee Handbook, including privacy and information security guidelines.
- Act within delegated authorities and adheres to applicable policy and procedures associated with such authorities.
- Contribute to establishing a respectful workplace where diversity is critical to innovation and growth.
- Ensure every action and decision is aligned with PRMI values.
- Partner with your management team to understand performance expectations and measurements. Effectively utilize feedback and coaching opportunities while seeking to learn and develop within your role at PRMI.
- Realize team synergies through networking and partnerships across PRMI.
- Embrace change; act as advocate and role model, promoting an approach of continuous improvement.
- Maintain a high standard of customer care while actively listening to customers in an effort to understand their views and needs. Take ownership of problems and issues, taking into consideration the breadth of PRMI competencies in providing solutions.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Perform quality work within deadlines.
- Respect client and employee privacy.